11/7 Contemporary Graphic Literature

I read Alec "The Years Have Pants" (A Life-Sized Omnibus) this week, mostly the weird name attracted me at first. The whole comic is a series of chapters written at different times over the course of a few years, the story being about two guys named Danny Grey and Alec MacGarry going through their lives. Through the story the art style stays semi-consistent, only changing in the middle of the story, where almost all of the panels lose their borders and become very rough and sketchy. This is symbolic to me of a dark and mentally messy part of Alec's life that's being shown. I didn't completely finish the story because it's so long, being 641 pages, but I read enough to understand that neither Alec nor Danny are mentally healthy people and they feed off of each other the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10/3

21st Century Comics