11/7 Contemporary Graphic Literature

I read Alec "The Years Have Pants" (A Life-Sized Omnibus) this week, mostly the weird name attracted me at first. The whole comic is a series of chapters written at different times over the course of a few years, the story being about two guys named Danny Grey and Alec MacGarry going through their lives. Through the story the art style stays semi-consistent, only changing in the middle of the story, where almost all of the panels lose their borders and become very rough and sketchy. This is symbolic to me of a dark and mentally messy part of Alec's life that's being shown. I didn't completely finish the story because it's so long, being 641 pages, but I read enough to understand that neither Alec nor Danny are mentally healthy people and they feed off of each other the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21st Century Comics

10/17 Non-Fiction Comics

11/21 Superheroes Reconsidered