21st Century Comics

This week, I'm focusing on Scott Pilgrim even though I read and keep up with a lot of ongoing webcomics. The Scott Pilgrim comics are the first thing I had ever saved up my money to go out and buy, and when the movie first came out I preordered it on iTunes, so I have a very special place in my heart for the series. Looking back and re-reading the series after reading the comics I have for this class, I realized how true to life this story is. It gives pretty realistic insight into problems that happen when facing past, present and future romances. I realized that the translation from comic to movie is pretty good after watching it in class, it was sort of cheesy but I feel that the audience isn't meant to take the overdramatized story and comic-like effects seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10/3

11/7 Contemporary Graphic Literature